US Club’s Message on COVID-19
Current Status 6/12/2020
We recognize that different parts of our country have been affected to varying degrees the impact of COVID-19. Therefore, effective May 18, US Club Soccer lifted its national suspension of activities and delegated return-to-play decision making to our members.
To be clear, this decision by no means is a blanket permission to return to play. For activities to be sanctioned with the normal US Club Soccer-provided insurance coverage in effect, members returning to play must be in compliance with requirements/mandates established by the applicable local and state public health authorities. If members are not in compliance, the activities are unsanctioned and US Club Soccer-provided insurance coverage is not in effect.
Beyond the requirements/mandates, US Club Soccer also encourages members to follow optional guidelines or recommendations established by local and state public health authorities, to the extent applicable and possible. Members are always expected to err on the side of caution in health and safety matters.
- CDC’s directory of local, state and territorial health departments
- CDC’s COVID-19 Considerations for Youth Sports
- ECNL’s Return-to-Play Recommendations
- U.S. Soccer PLAY ON: Return-to-Play Guidelines (Phase 1 available now; additional guidelines are forthcoming)
WHAT WE’RE DOING
- Please read this May 14 letter from CEO Kevin Payne to US Club Soccer members.
- Canceled the 2020 ENPL National Playoffs, 2020 ENPL National Finals, 2020 Girls NPL Finals and National Cup XIX Finals. Please read this April 14 letter from Payne to members.
- Canceled all National Cup XIX Regionals. Please read this May 6 statement.
- Postponed the 2020 id2 National Selection International Tours to the U.K. until later this year. March 9 statement here.
- Postponed all grassroots and “D” license courses through June 30, in conjunction with U.S. Soccer.
- We remain in regular communication with U.S. Soccer and public health officials about future developments.
- US Club Soccer members are required to abide by these safety requirements for any virtual training sessions/meetings with youth players.
In consideration of the threat of COVID-19 – the disease caused by the new coronavirus – US Club Soccer encourages all members and related personnel to take proper precautions. The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) is a valuable resource of the latest information.
Please monitor this CDC web page, which has important information about how coronavirus spreads, its symptoms, FAQs, global locations with COVID-19, travel advisories and more. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, such as:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.